CD vs OTG Dream11 Prediction: Central Stags vs Otago Volts – 2 January 2020 (Napier)
Central Stags will take on Otago Volts in the 19th Match of Super Smash which will be played at McLean Park in Napier. Otago are at the top of the pile whereas Stags are at 3rd position.
Pitch Report – McLean Park is a good batting track with an average score of 173. This is a good chasing ground. A high scoring match may be in the stores.
Match Details :
Date: 2 January Time:- 11.40 AM
Probable XI for both sides:-
Central Stags – George Worker, Dane Cleaver, Christian Leopard, Tom Bruce, Keiran Noema-Barnett, Josh Clarkson, Willem Ludick, Ajaz Patel, Seth Rance, Blair Tickner.
Otago Volts – Hamish Rutherford, Neil Broom, Nick Kelly, Anaru Kitchen, Josh Finnie, Dale Phillips, Michael Rippon, Jacob Duffy, Travis Muller, Max Xhu, Michael Rae.
Top 4 Batting order for both teams:-
Central Stags:- George Worker, Dane Cleaver, Christian Leopard, and Tom Bruce.
Otago Volts:- Hamish Rutherford, Neil Broom, Nick Kelly, and Anaru Kitchen.
Clean Hitters in the Squad:-
Central Stags:- George Worker, Christian Leopard, and Tom Bruce.
Otago Volts:- Neil Broom, Nick Kelly, and Anaru Kitchen.
Death Bowling Specialists (Tends to get more wickets):-
Central Stags:- Seth Rance and Blair Tickner.
Otago Volts:- Michael Rae and Jacob Duffy.
CD vs OTG Dream11 Wicket-Keepers
Dane Cleaver (Price- 8.5) will be best for WK as he is a clean-hitter of the cricket ball and is also an opener.
CD vs OTG Dream11 Batsmen
- Tom Bruce (Price 9.5) – Bruce is the 5th highest run-scorer of the league and coming at number 4, he would be a great pick.
- Neil Broom (Price 10):- Broom is the second highest run-scorer of the league and as an opener, he would be the sure sort pick.
- Hamish Rutherford (Price 9.5):- Rutherford is an experienced campaigner and as an opener, he is a very good pick. He doesn’t throw his wicket away and also is a reliable option.
- Nick Kelly (Price 8.5):- Kelly is an aggressive player who can hit the ball quite hard and can make maximum use of minimum deliveries
- Josh Finnie (Price 8.5):- Finnie is another great middle order batsman who can play with a decent strike-rate.
NOTE:- Pick any one between Josh Finnie and Nick Kelly
[Christian Leopard is also a very decent batsman but is not looking in good touch lately so, can be avoided]
CD vs OTG Dream11 All-Rounders
George Worker (Price 10.5) is a pretty decent batsman and 6th highest run-scorer of the league. He comes to open the innings and is a pretty solid player with bat.
Michael Rippon (Price 10) is a regular 4 overs bowler and is quite handy with the bat too.
Noema Barnett (Price 8.5) is the second-highest wicket-taker of the tournament and is also a pretty decent middle-order batsman.
[Anaru Kitchen is left out because he has not been in great form with bat and also doesn’t bowl his quota of 4 overs]
CD vs OTG Dream11 Bowlers
- Ajaz Patel (Price 8.5):- Highest wicket-taker of the League.
- Blair Tickner (Price 8.5):- A genuine wicket-taker who bowls both in powerplay and in death overs too.
- Michael Rae (Price 8):- A proven wicket-taker in middle overs.
[Seth Rance and Jacob Duffy are also quite decent bowling options but the recent form of Michael Rae and Blar Tickner, gives them the nod.]
SportsRush Featured Dream XI Team for the Game
Neil Broom © – An Opener and second highest run-scorer of the league.
Tom Bruce (VC) – A Proven match winner and a solid number 4 batsman.
Dream 11 Disclaimer
All our selections are based on in-depth and astute analysis of the players partaking in the match and a perusal of other reasoning. Please incorporate a slew of factors while crafting your own side with this article serving as a guide to the match and players.