Dota 2 Ranks: How to Rank up in Dota 2 in 2021? Ranking up can be an extremely difficult and tiresome process in Dota 2. This article will serve as a basic guide for dos & don’ts when trying to play Dota 2 Ranked Games in 2021!
Dota 2 is a highly dynamic and complicated game with many constants and multiple variables in play for each match. Climbing the MMR ladder is a difficult task, and one only gets better at it over time. Despite continuous practice, you will still find it difficult to maintain the MMR you have achieved because a few losses can put you back a long way.
However, there are some fool-proof things you can practice and put into your gameplay that will ensure you don’t lose too many games back-to-back. Below, we will discuss 5 key things you can implement to ensure that you are consistently improving your MMR in Dota 2 and are Ranking up.
How to Rank up in Dota 2? 5 best tips to improve your MMR
The trick to ranking up in Dota 2 is to keep your expectations realistic. Climbing MMR is not an easy task, even for pro players. A few years ago, the legendary Sumail wanted to cross the 8000 MMR mark. Ultimately, it took him 11 months, to go from 7023 to 8000 MMR.
So, here are 5 tips you can follow and have the best chance to Rank up in Dota 2:
- Recognize the current meta: This is what sets apart newbies from players who understand how to Rank Up in Dota 2. You have to know which heroes have a better win-rate in your particular bracket and learn to play them well before they are nerfed.
- Take a break if you lose: If you have lost more than one game at a time, it is time to stretch your legs. Playing Ranked with a loss-mentality is never good for you! If you win a game, play the next, but if you lose a game, try once to win the next. If you lose 2 games back-t0-back, it’s time to get up and refresh yourself.
- Learn to minimize deaths: The lesser times you die, the longer you have to create an impact. The easiest way to avoid deaths early on is to keep watching the mini-map. Any time you are alone in a lane and enemy heroes are missing, move away from the lane. Most of the time, they are coming to gank you!
- Play with friends: Playing with better-skilled players or friends who can guide you is helpful. You will learn and win at the same time.
- Don’t experiment: Ranked matchmaking is not where you should experiment. Have 3-4 heroes for each role, and master them.