Chelsea star Eden Hazard has responded to the ongoing rumours about him joining Real Madrid.
Zinedine Zidane was keen on securing the signature of Eden Hazard last summer. But, the Frenchman’s departure coupled with the Los Blancos failure to make him the priority meant that the Blues star would be not be leaving Stamford Bridge.
The English outfit were successfully able to pursue Thibaut Courtois from London, but the move for Eden Hazard did not materialize because of the request from the new manager Maurizio Sarri to stick with the club. Albeit mustering out good numbers this campaign, Chelsea are battling out for a place in the top four following an excellent start.
Reliable Belgian journalist Kristof Terreur quoted a tweet and said that Florentino Perez has snapped up Eden Hazard following Zidane’s request and the Chelsea winger has a verbal agreement with the Spanish outfit. He added that both the clubs are yet to strike a deal though.
This won’t probably stop until June:
“Real Madrid have confirmed to Zidane that they have signed up Eden Hazard. There is an agreement. Hazard will be in Madrid in June.”
Real have approached Chelsea over EH, but they haven’t accepted anything so far.
— Kristof Terreur 📰🎥 (@HLNinEngeland) March 18, 2019
Chelsea reject Real Madrid’s ‘insufficient first bid’ for Eden Hazard.
The door is open for further negotiations. Chelsea want no less than €115m for the Belgian. Deal inevitable (HLN) pic.twitter.com/ufUiFOcADk
— Simon Phillips (@SiPhillipsSport) March 18, 2019
The journalist also confirmed that Eden Hazard has turned down three fresh contract renewals from the club. The Blues were ready to make him as the third highest player in the league by offering him 300,000 pounds per week behind Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil, but the Belgian did not hesitate to reject those offers.
Despite Chelsea’s transfer ban, the Blues are ready to sell him for a fee between 100 and 120 million euros which should be a fairly comfortable figure to reach for a club like Real Madrid.
With the ongoing rumors going made every single day, Eden Hazard was interviewed by the Belgian outfit VTM News on his potential move to Real Madrid, but he reiterated that he is focussing on getting the job done for the Blues by qualifying for the Champions League next season.
“At the moment there’s nobody waiting for me. We still have 2 important months with Chelsea. We can win the Europa League. We have to win the Europa League or we have to finish in the top four to play in the Champions League.
“I am only thinking about that (last two months with Chelsea), not about what might happen in two, three, four months. I don’t know. We will see.” said Hazard.
Eden Hazard to @vtmnieuws:
🗣 “At the moment there’s nobody waiting for me. We still have 2 important months with Chelsea. We can win the Europa League. We have to win the Europa League or we have to finish in the top four to play in the Champions League.” #cfc pic.twitter.com/w6iaOTqv8v
— Kristof Terreur 📰🎥 (@HLNinEngeland) March 19, 2019
During the inception of the season, Hazard was asked if he would sign a new contract at Chelsea or move to Real Madrid following the move of his compatriot Thibaut Courtois.
“I don’t want to say, ‘yes, I am signing a new contract’ and then in the end I don’t end up signing,” the 27-year-old told the media.
“I want what’s good for me, but I want what’s good for the club because the club has given me everything. So I will see. Sometimes in my head, I wake up in the morning and think I want to go. Sometimes I think I want to stay. It is a hard decision. It is my future.”
The Belgian has never been shy by saying that joining Real Madrid was the club which he dreamt during his childhood.
“I am playing good football at the moment.
“Real Madrid are the best club in the world. I don’t want to lie today. It is my dream since I was a kid. I was dreaming about this club. We will see. I don’t want to talk about this every day, I don’t have time. But we will talk about my future soon.” said Hazard.
Several reports quote that Florentino Perez has promised a high budget for the forthcoming transfer window and try his best to lure the first choice players from their respective clubs. But one thing is for certain, Chelsea will be fighting to keep their star after the conclusion of this season.