“I still went off the track”- Daniel Ricciardo shares his experience while driving at Nurburgring in Fiat Punto
“I still went off the track”- Daniel Ricciardo shares his experience at Nurburgring while driving a Fiat Punto.
Formula 1 is set to return at Nurburgring this weekend after seven long years. However, only a fraction of the paddock has ever raced on this track before.
Daniel Ricciardo is one of them and he was in Toro Rosso back when the last race happened here. However, the Australian driver has another experience to share from Nurburgring.
But the difference in this visit was that Ricciardo was driving a Fiat Punto that he apparently took off the track and almost hit the barriers.
“Believe it or not I still went off the track. It was a bit blind, left uphill, and I wasn’t prepared, went over the kerb and the grass. Fortunately avoided the barriers.” said Ricciardo.
Daniel Ricciardo has previously driven the Nurburgring Nordschleife – in a Fiat Punto.
“Believe it or not I still went off the track. It was a bit blind, left uphill, and I wasn’t prepared, went over the kerb and the grass. Fortunately avoided the barriers.” #EifelGP #F1
— Phillip Horton (@PHortonF1) October 8, 2020
The unpredictable Nurburgring
Nurburgring has always been considered a thrilling venue but thrill sometimes can be dangerous, as it also witnessed Niki Lauda’s crash in 1976.
But the track was later redesigned to adapt to the modern demands of the game and was re-launched in 1984, even after then the track has the ability to provide one of the best spectacles of the season.
If this is the case, then we maybe it wouldn’t wrong to expect Mercedes faltering here, as the reigning champions of F1 have not tested the success over, as they currently got used to at other venues.
The race after seven long years at this venue is supposed to be exciting.
About the author
-
Vidit Dhawan •
Max Verstappen Reckons Lewis Hamilton Would Be the One to Beat in This Motorsports Discipline
-
Somin Bhattacharjee •
Oscar Piastri Hands Out Harsh Reality Check to Lando Norris and McLaren After Spanish GP Mess
-
Anirban Aly Mandal •
Even Before Merging With Ford, Red Bull Had Spent Over $48 Million on Their Ambitious Engine Project
-
Utkarsh Bhatla •
You’ve just got to lick the stamp and send it, says Ricciardo after Chinese GP win
-
Vidit Dhawan •
Ex-F1 Champion Cites His Own Glory to Believe “Too Old” Lewis Hamilton Can Clinch His 8th Title With Ferrari
-
Tanish Chachra •
Lewis Hamilton, Steph Curry, Jayson Tatum, Josh Allen among big sports stars to invest in Tiger Woods’ venture
