“The suggestion street races will not take place are completely wrong”- F1 remarks Monaco GP cancellation reports fake, denying any further changes.
The Dutch magazine Formule 1‘s website on Saturday claimed that Monaco Grand Prix and Azerbaijan and Canada would be scrapped for the second consecutive year, with the confirmation due to happen next month.
The rationale proposed in the report explains that the ongoing pandemic continues to cause uncertainty towards street races planning, considering the work required to put in the infrastructure to make it viable.
However, a report by PlanetF1.com claims to debunk this story, as they declare to have been in a conversation with an F1 spokesperson who has insisted that Formula 1 is not planning to make any further alterations in the calendar.
“We have set out the details of the revised 2021 calendar, and there are no other changes. The suggestion street races will not take place are completely wrong.” said the F1 spokesperson.
There are alternates for Monaco GP.
Last year, five new venues came in to rescue the ravaged 2020 F1 calendar, and Imola was among them, which has now been granted a slot in 2021.
Meanwhile, F1 has to look after for the vacant Vietnam Grand Prix slot, as the Asian hosts decided to quit from the team of organizers because of COVID-19 widespread.
Portuguese Grand Prix expected to be inked in for May 2 to simplify logistics ahead of the visit to Barcelona’s Circuit de Catalunya a week later.
On the other hand, Formule1’s news also claimed that three venues had already been earmarked to fill in for the races said to have been in jeopardy – Istanbul, Mugello and Nurburgring in chronological order.
So it remains to be seen what updates F1 will be forced to make in coming days, with the world still combating the deadly virus.