IND vs SA Dream11 Team Prediction: India would be looking to commence their home season on a winning note in Dharamsala.
The first T20I of South Africa’s tour of India will be played tomorrow in Dharamsala. The first of the three-match series will commence the Indian home season where they will be seen hosting as many as five teams.
Both the teams will be looking at building a team for the ICC T20I World Cup to be played next year in Australia. While India’s rank suggests that they haven’t been the best of T20I teams of late, South Africa’s outright inexperience is a primary concern for them.
However, India will be banking on them recently defeating West Indies across formats in their backyard. On the contrary, South Africa will take the field for the first time post a disastrous campaign in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019. The visitors will be playing in the absence of several senior players.
IND vs SA Dream11 Team Prediction
Despite winning all the three T20Is in West Indies, India have a couple of decisions to make with respect to their Playing XI. All-rounder Hardik Pandya replacing pacer Bhuvneshwar Kumar will give them an additional conundrum in the same department.
South Africa look set to hand debuts to at least a couple of players. The number might even increase depending on their combination.
Probable Playing XI
1) Lokesh Rahul / Shikhar Dhawan 2) Rohit Sharma 3) Virat Kohli (c) 4) Rishabh Pant (wk) 5) Manish Pandey / Shreyas Iyer 6) Hardik Pandya 7) Krunal Pandya 8) Ravindra Jadeja 9) Washington Sundar 10) Deepak Chahar 11) Navdeep Saini
South Africa squad
1) Quinton de Kock (c & wk) 2) Reeza Hendricks 3) Temba Bavuma 4) Rassie van der Dussen 5) David Miller 6) Andile Phehlukwayo 7) Dwaine Pretorius 8) George Linde 9) Kagiso Rabada 10) Junior Dala / Andrich Nortje 11) Tabraiz Shamsi
India – Lokesh Rahul / Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, Rishabh Pant
South Africa – Quinton de Kock, Reeza Hendricks, Temba Bavuma, Rassie van der Dussen
India – Rishabh Pant
South Africa – David Miller, Dwaine Pretorius
India – Navdeep Saini, Hardik Pandya
South Africa – Kagiso Rabada, Junior Dala / Andrich Nortje
— hardik pandya (@hardikpandya7) September 14, 2019
Pitch conditions and Toss Prediction
The first-ever T20I played at the HPCA Stadium in Dharamsala saw South Africa chasing down a 200-run target against India in 2015. The eight T20Is played at the venue since then have witnessed an average run rate of 8.18. Therefore, expect the batsmen to call the shots tomorrow.
Out of the six T20Is which saw a result, four were won by teams batting first. If rain doesn’t play spoilsport, expect the captain who wins the toss to bat first.
Wicket-Keeper for IND vs SA Dream11
South Africa wicket-keeper batsman Quinton de Kock is my only wicket-keeper for this match. In four T20Is in India, de Kock has scored 153 runs at an average of 38.25 and a strike rate of 142.99.
In 16 T20s during IPL 2019, Mumbai Indians’ opening batsman had scored 529 runs at an average of 35.26 and a strike rate of 132.91 including four half-centuries. de Kock’s familiarity with the Indian conditions in addition to him playing the role of a senior player should see him lead from the front tomorrow.
Batsmen for IND vs SA Dream11
I have selected the Indian opening duo of Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan as my first two batsmen for this match. Currently the highest run-scorer in T20Is, Sharma’s inclusion doesn’t need any justification.
As far as Dhawan is concerned, his 157 T20I runs against South Africa have come at an average and strike rate of 31.40 and 144.03 respectively – better than his career average and strike rate of 27.28 and 129.55 respectively. Be alert during the toss and include Lokesh Rahul in place of Dhawan if India don’t play the former. The move will leave you with an additional credit.
Rassie van der Dussen is my only specialist South African batsman for this match. Having impressed one and all in the 2019 World Cup, van der Dussen will now be looking to better his already imposing T20I record. In seven T20Is, van der Dussen has scored 253 runs at an average of 36.14 and a strike rate of 133.15 including two half-centuries.
All-rounders for IND vs SA Dream11
The Pandya brothers have entered this team without much consideration. Given their all-round abilities, it is way too risky to leave them out of my Dream 11 fantasy team.
Andile Phehlukwayo is my only all-rounder from the visiting team. If you aim to include India captain Virat Kohli in your squad, swap Phehlukwayo with Dwaine Pretorius. A couple of extra credits will help you in including Kohli (preferable in place of Dhawan).
Bowlers for IND vs SA Dream11
Despite the venue supporting a batting wicket, I have laid emphasis on the bowling department because of the possibility of rain tomorrow. A rain-curtailed match T20I should enhance the role of bowlers.
— Cricket South Africa (@OfficialCSA) September 14, 2019
Among the Indian bowlers, I have picked Deepak Chahar, Navdeep Saini and Washington Sundar. If Chahar is likely to pick wickets with the new ball, Saini has it in him to contribute during the slog over as well.
While both the fast bowlers are most likely to play, you can included Rahul Chahar if the Indian team management includes him ahead of Sundar. Both Sundar and Rahul Chahar will cost you the same.
South Africa spearhead Kagiso Rabada should make the ball talk against the Indian batsmen. If it rains tomorrow, expect Rabada to make a significant impact in the match.
1) In 50 IPL matches, Quinton de Kock has scored 1,456 runs at an average of 30.33 and a strike rate of 131.28 including one century and 10 half-centuries. The 26-year old wicket-keeper batsman has done exceedingly well when it comes to scoring runs in the first 50 matches of IPL career.
2) In his last T20I series against South Africa, Shikhar Dhawan had scored 143 runs at an average of 47.66 and a strike rate of 153.76.
3) Heinrich Klaasen had a successful stint in the recently concluded Global T20 Canada 2019. In five matches for Vancouver Knights, Klaasen scored 208 runs at an average of 52 and a strike rate of 161.24 including a couple of half-centuries.
4) Deepak Chahar has been a revelation with the new ball in the Indian Premier League. In the 17 matches that he played in the last season for Chennai Super Kings, he dismissed 22 batsmen at an average of 21.90, an economy rate of 7.47 and a strike rate of 17.59. A glimpse of his potential was seen in the third T20I against West Indies in Guyana.
5) If Deepak Chahar finished IPL 2019 as its third-highest wicket-taker, Delhi Capitals’ Kagiso Rabada was a place above him with 25 dismissals in 12 matches at an average of 14.72, an economy rate of 7.82 and a strike rate of 11.28. Rabada’s experience in the Indian conditions will be crucial for the Proteas on this tour.
Dream 11 Disclaimer
All our selections are based on in-depth and astute analysis of the players partaking in the match, pitch report and a perusal of other reasoning. Please incorporate a slew of factors while crafting your own side with this article serving as a guide to the match and players.