Lille have confirmed about the bid arrival for Nicolas Pepe from Liverpool, but yet to respond.
Lille have confirmed about the bid arrival for Nicolas Pepe from Liverpool, but the club are yet to take a stance on that decision. The Reds have made him the primary target to ease the burden for Sadio Mane and Mohamed Salah.
According to the reliable L Equipe, the French side are yet to take a decision after receiving a bid for Nicolas Pepe from Liverpool. The amount is not yet known, but the reigning Champions League winners will have to edge Inter Milan and Arsenal, who have apparently tabled an offer on Lille’s table.
Albeit the interest from three clubs, the Ivorian is yet to make a decision. Should he turn down the trio offers, the attacker will be offered to Atletico Madrid and Napoli, who have shown interest, but not have made formal enquiries for the 24-year-old.
Lille are firm in their €80 million valuations, but it is unlikely to see clubs’ matching their demands. The French side are most likely to accept an offer around €60 million, even though the news suggests otherwise.
Earlier this month, Lille president Gerard Lopez confirmed talks with Liverpool, but considers the Reds as an option nonetheless.
“I know there have been discussions with the player, not with us as a club,” Lille president Lopez told RMC Sport.
“Liverpool have players in those positions and I read that maybe there were players who could leave, or not. I am not particularly focused on Liverpool. But it is true that there have been discussions with agents.” said Lopez.
Lille’s number 19 enjoyed a breathtaking season in the French top division by notching up 23 goals and 11 assists in all competitions last season. The Ivorian has not sat out for a game because of injury, despite playing five-years of top-flight football.
Here’s how Twitter has reacted..
L’Équipe confirm tonight that Lille have received firm bids from Liverpool, Arsenal & Inter Milan for Nicolas Pépé. More tomorrow.
— Get French Football News (@GFFN) July 17, 2019
Nicolas Pépé, decision time – full story https://t.co/VmQvINCNiK
— Get French Football News (@GFFN) July 18, 2019
Nicolas Pépé was the only player in Europe’s top five divisions to have 100+ shots, win 100+ fouls and complete 100+ take-ons in the league in 2018-19:
• 118 shots
• 108 fouls won
• 102 take-ons
22 goals and 11 assists to show for it. pic.twitter.com/Xx5dvhV98x
— Squawka Football (@Squawka) July 13, 2019
Napoli have joined the dance for Lille attacker Nicolas Pépé – LOSC would like Adam Ounas + €60m-€65m, according to @DiMarzio – Napoli are supposedly thinking about it.
— Get French Football News (@GFFN) July 15, 2019
Nicolas Pépé’s agent speaks to L’Équipe Mercato: “Nicolas is open to everything. The aim is for him to sign in the right place. PSG is a possibility.” https://t.co/MzYFK5qOXD
— Get French Football News (@GFFN) July 12, 2019
Nicolas Pepe will move this summer, but his destination remains to be seen. If Jurgen Klopp manages to lure him to Anfield, the Reds will enjoy having an enthralling attack to compete with Manchester City once again.