Man Utd News: Solskjaer tells player he can leave after Wan-Bissaka’s arrival. The Portuguese can expect his opportunities to be limited at Old Trafford.
Manchester United fans and supporters have been renewed with hope after the arrival of Wan-Bissaka from Crystal Palace. The fans have already prepared the right back a chant, albeit at the expense of Ashley Young. However, the arrival of the 21-year-old at Old Trafford has bought bad news for another youngster in the squad.
The Evening Standard have reported that Solskjaer has informer Diego Dalot that he will find opportunities hard to come by following the arrival of Wan-Bissaka. The Portuguese has been told that he is free to leave the club this summer.
— Football Media (@FootbaIIMedia) June 30, 2019
Solskjaer had previously said that he wanted at least 2 players for every position. With the tactical flexibility that Dalot additionally provides, this news has come as a surprise. Even more surprising considering, Ashley Young was recently handed a new deal.
Diego Dalot was brought in from Porto last year for a a fee of £19 million. He made his debut for United on 19 September 2018 in an away UEFA Champions League group stage match against Swiss side Young Boys.
The 20-year-old made 18 appearances for United last season. However, he was mostly used as a right-winger owing to his impressive crossing.
Solskjaer is keen on building a United side with mostly homegrown young talents. He has made it known that he wants to create a team in his image and it is clear that Dalot does not fit that vision.
Click here for more Man Utd updates and football news