Though they often go unnoticed, NFL team owners play a massive role in the success of a franchise and are some of the richest individuals in the world.
When you think of a good return for an investment, what comes to mind? If you aren’t much of a risk taker, maybe 5% is satisfactory. If you’re a little more ambitious, you might aim for 10-15%, right?
Try 3,449,990,800%, or nearly a 3.5 billion percent return. This is what former Bears owner, George Halas has earned since he bought the team in 1920 for $100. (The team now belongs to his daughter Virginia Halas McCaskey.)
Some of the owners, like Robert Kraft and Jerry Jones are more well known, but here is the complete list of all 32 NFL team owners.
List of NFL Team Owners
- Dallas Cowboys: Jerry Jones
- New York Giants: John Mara and Steve Tisch
- Philadelphia Eagles: Jeffrey Lurie
- Washington Football Team: Dan Snyder
- Chicago Bears: Virginia Halas McCaskey
- Detroit Lions: Sheila Ford Hamp
- Green Bay Packers: Green Bay Packers, Inc.
- Minnesota Vikings: Zygi Wilf
- Atlanta Falcons: Arthur Blank
- Carolina Panthers: David Tepper
- New Orleans Saints: Gayle Benson
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Bryan Glazer and siblings
- Arizona Cardinals: Michael Bidwill
- Los Angeles Rams: Stan Kroenke
- San Francisco 49ers: Denise DeBartolo York and Jed York
- Seattle Seahawks: Jody Allen
- Buffalo Bills: Kim Pegula and Terry Pegula
- Miami Dolphins: Stephen M. Ross
- New England Patriots: Robert Kraft
- New York Jets: Robert Wood Johnson IV and Christopher Wold Johnson
- Baltimore Ravens: Steve Bisciotti
- Cincinatti Bengals: Mike Brown
- Cleveland Browns: Jimmy Haslam and Dee Haslam
- Pittsburgh Steelers: Art Rooney II
- Houston Texans: Janice McNair
- Indianapolis Colts: James Irsay
- Jacksonville Jaguars: Shahid Khan
- Tennessee Titans: Amy Adams Strunk
- Denver Broncos: Joe Ellis
- Kansas City Chiefs: Clark Hunt
- Las Vegas Raiders: Carol Davis and Mark Davis
- Los Angeles Chargers: Dean Spanos
Interesting Facts About the Owners
- Only 3 teams have owners with foreign roots. Vikings owner Zygi Wilf was born in Germany, Jaguars owners Shahid Khan was born in Pakistan, and Kim Pegula of the Bills was born in South Korea.
- The Buccs are owned by Mark Glazer and siblings, commonly referred to as the Glazers. The family also owns soccer giant Manchester United F.C.
- The only team which is not owned by an individual or a family is the Green Bay Packers. It is instead publicly owned by a non-profit organization called the Green Bay Packers, Inc. They have hundreds of thousands of shareholders which is the reason why the team never left Green Bay despite it being a small market.