Rio Olympics 2016: Daily Schedule of Events in IST (16/08/2016)
|Mon Aug 15 2016
Following is the Rio Olympics 2016: Daily Schedule of Events in IST on 16th August 2016.
Time, Event, Indian Participants
7:02 PM, Men’s Greco-Roman 98 Kg, Hardeep Singh
2:00 AM( 17th August), Badminton Women’s singles, P.V Sindhu
Television/ Streaming Information: All matches will be telecasted on the Star Sports network and hotstar.com. All India-centric matches will also be shown on DD National.
World Events to watch
7:00 AM (17th August): Women’s 1500 meter final: Genzebe Dibaba (Ethiopia) broke the world record in this event last year. The record had remained for the last 22 years prior to her new record. Whether she’ll better that or not will be interesting to watch today. She was named as the track athlete of the year, 2015. Also, to be noted is the fact that her coach was recently arrested on doping raid charges.
- Hardeep Singh’s first game is against Cenk Ildem of Turkey. The Indian starts as the underdog in this game to be frank.
- In Badminton women’s singles P.V Sindhu meets Wang Yihan of China in quarters. The last time they both met, Sindhu won in direct sets.
Yesterday’s Roundup of Important Indian Events:
- In Badminton women’s singles, Sindhu cruised into the quarters after beating her opponent from Chinese Taipei with a score line 21-13 21-15. It has to be noted that her opponent was 8th seeded in the round of 16 and still she dominated the game.
- In Badminton men’s singles, Kidambi Srikanth beat World No 5 Jan O Jorgensen of Denmark 21-19, 21-19 to move into quarters. The quarters is scheduled on 17th August.
- Vikas Krishnan also exited the tournament yesterday. He lost his match against Uzbekistan’s world silver medallist Melikuziev by unanimous decision and bows out of the Games. No medal for India from boxing!
P.V Sindhu has performed relatively well until now. But the speed at which Indian athletes are exiting this tournament, I would better postpone my predictions for another day.
Cheers India! Keep the Tri colour flag flying high.