THU vs REN Dream11 Prediction: Sydney Thunder vs Melbourne Renegades – 15 January 2020 (Canberra)
Sydney Thunder will take on Melbourne Renegades in the 37th Match of BBL 09 which will be played at Manuka Oval in Canberra. Thunder won their last game after some continuous defeats so they would like to maintain their winning momentum whereas Renegades are still in search of their first win of the tournament.
Pitch Report –Manuka Oval has been a very good batting pitch. The average 1st innings score at this ground is 170.
Match Details :
Time:- 12.40 PM, Live on Sony Six/HD
Probable XI for both sides:-
Sydney Thunder – Usman Khawaja, Alex Hales, Callum Ferguson, Alex Ross, Jay Lenton, Daniel Sams, Chris Morris, Arjun Nair, Gurinder Sandhu, Brendan Doggett, Liam Bowe.
Melbourne Renegades – Marcus Harris, Sam Harper, Shaun Marsh, Beau Webster, Tom Cooper, Mohammad Nabi, Daniel Christian, Jack Wildermuth, Samit Patel, Cameron Boyce, Joe Menney.
Top 4 Batting order for both teams:-
Sydney Thunder:- Usman Khawaja, Alex Hales, Callum Ferguson, and Alex Ross.
Melbourne Renegades:- Marcus Harris, Sam Harper, Shaun Marsh, and Beau Webster.
Clean Hitters in the Squad:-
Sydney Thunder:- Usman Khawaja and Alex Hales.
Melbourne Renegades:- Shaun Marsh, Marcus Harris, and Sam Harper.
Death Bowling Specialists (Tends to get more wickets):-
Sydney Thunder:- Chris Morris and Daniel Sam.
Melbourne Renegades:- Jack Wildermuth
THU vs REN Dream11 Wicket-Keepers
Sam Harper (Price 8.5) will be the clear choice as Jay Lenton will play his first match of this season and he is yet to be seen that how he performs and in which position he will play.
THU vs REN Dream11 Batsmen
- Usman Khawaja (Price 10) – Usman Khawaja has shown in the last innings that slowly he is getting into his groove. He is the second-highest scorer for Thunder and would like to play a stable knock here in the capital.
- Alex Hales (Price 9.5):- Alex Hales shown in the last game that, when he is in flow, he is one of the best T20 batsmen out there. Thunder will expect him to continue his form.
- Callum Ferguson (Price 10):- Captain Callum has been the most consistent player for Thunder and is their highest scorer. He is currently the 8th highest run-scorer of the league.
- Shaun Marsh (Price 10):- Shaun has been the best batsmen for Renegades and is also the 3rd highest run-scorer of the league. Renegades will expect another brilliant innings form him at the top.
- Beau Webster (Price 9):- Webster has been the find for Renegades this season. He is the 5th highest run-scorer of the league and at number 4, he is an asset.
THU vs REN Dream11 All-Rounders
Daniel Sams (Price 9.5) is the highest wicket-taker of this season so, he is the clear choice in the team.
Samit Patel (Price 8.5) has been bowling with a very good economy and can take wickets with his slow bowling.
[It was very difficult to omit Chris Morris from the squad but all the batting options are very expensive and they can not be dropped moreover Morris has not been in very good form lately whereas Nabi was struggling even in BPL]
THU vs REN Dream11 Bowlers
- Cameron Boyce (Price 9):- Boyce has been the best bowler of Renegades after Kane Richardson, who is currently not with the squad. Boyce is a very good spinner.
- Liam Bowe (Price 8):- Bowe made his debut for Thunder in the last game. He is a very intelligent T20 bowler and can be a big asset.
- Arjun Nair (Price 8):- Nair has been the third-best wicket-taker for Thunder after Sams and Morris. He is a very underrated spinner and is a very good wicket-taker.
(Most of the budget has been allocated for the batsmen. Brendan Doggett was also a good option but Bowe & Arjun made the cut)
SportsRush Featured Dream XI Team for the Game
Shaun Marsh © – Shaun is the 3rd highest run-scorer of the league and is expected to play yet another good knock at the top of the order..
Daniel Sams (VC) – Sams is league’s highest wicket-taker and will be expected to take another bunch of wickets.
Dream 11 Disclaimer
All our selections are based on in-depth and astute analysis of the players partaking in the match, pitch report and a perusal of other reasoning. Please incorporate a slew of factors while crafting your own side with this article serving as a guide to the match and players.