Ronda Rousey is all praise for Edmen Shahbazyan, her former training partner. Shahbazyan is set to headline the, August 1, 2020, UFC Fight Night event Main Event.
Ronda Rousey, a former UFC Women’s Bantamweight champion, recently recalled the time when Edmen Shahbazyan used to be her “Throwing Dummy” in training. Edmen or as Rousey would call him “Little Eddie” started training for MMA at a tender age of nine, who later served as a training partner for Ronda Rousey. There is a clip of him taking a beating from Rousey (Below), from the time when he was 15. He is 22 now and will fight against Derek Brunson in the forthcoming UFC Fight Night Event of August 1.
Here’s What Ronda Rousey Said about Edmen Shahbazyan
Ronda Rousey first acclaimed the middleweight, by saying he is special. Then, shared her appreciation for Edmen and his brother Leon’s (who is also a fighter) obsessive attitude towards MMA.
Derek Brunson Vs. Edmen Shahbazyan, was initially the co-main event, but after the original main event i.e., Holly Holm Vs. Irene Aldana got postponed and taken off from the main card, the co-main event was promoted to be the main event.
The Fight will take place on August 1, 2020
Here’s the Full Card of The Event
- Middleweight Fight (Main Event): Darek Brunson Vs. Edmen Shahbazyan
- Women Flyweight Fight (Co-Main Event): Joanne Calderwood Vs. Jennifer Maia
- Welterweight Fight: Vicente Luque Vs. Randy Brown
- Lightweight Fight: Lando Vanatta Vs. Bobby Green
- Middleweight Fight: Kevin Holland Vs. Trevin Giles
- Bantamweight Fight: Frankie Saenz Vs. Jonathan Martinez
- Light Heavyweight Fight: Ed Herman Vs. Gerald Meerschaert
- Bantamweight Fight: Ray Borg Vs. Nate Maness
- Middleweight Fight: Eric Spicely Vs. Markus Perez
- Featherweight Fight: Jamall Emmers Vs. Timur Valiev
- Bantamweight Fight: Chris Gutierrez Vs. Cody Durden
For More UFC News Click Here