UFC Vegas 9 Results: UFC Vegas 9, as the name states is the ninth edition of the fight night series 2020, and took place at the APEX Center, Vegas.
This week’s fight night event initially consisted of 9 fights, but for the third successive week, Covid-19 came into the picture, and this time laid waste upon two major fights, viz. Thiago Moises Vs. Jalin Turner, and Marcos Rogerio De Lima Vs. Alexandr Romonov. Both the fights are off from the fight card. However, the much anticipated headliner, Alistair Overeem Vs. Augusto Sakai, and the rebooked Co-main Ovince Saint Preux Vs. Alonzo Menifield, remained intact.
Here’s the updated card of the event;
- Heavyweight Fight (Main Event): Alistair Overeem (46-18) Vs. Augusto Sakai (15-1-1)
- Light-Heavyweight Fight (Co-main): Ovince Saint Preux (24-14) Vs. Alonzo Menifield (9-1)
- Welterweight Fight: Michael Pereira (23-11) Vs. Zelim Imadaev (8-2
- Middleweight Fight: Andre Muniz (19-4) Vs. Bartosz Fabinski (15-3)
- Featherweight Fight: Brian Kelleher (21-11) Vs. Ray Rodriguez (16-6)
- Women Flyweight Fight: Viviane Araujo (8-2) Vs. Montana De La Rosa (11-5)
- Bantamweight Fight: Cole Smith (7-1) Vs. Hunter Azure (8-1)
UFC Vegas 9: Telecast and Streaming Details
- US: Simulcast on ESPN, and ESPN+, and can be streamed through ESPN+
- UK: BT Sport 1, and can be streamed through BT Sport 1.
- Australia: ESPN, and can be streamed through Kayo.
- India: SONY TEN 2/TEN2 HD, and can be streamed through SONY LIV app/website.
The event can be universally streamed through UFC Fight Pass.
UFC Vegas 9: RESULTS
- Bantamweight Fight: Cole Smith Vs. Hunter Azure. Result: Azure def. Smith via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Women Flyweight Fight: Viviane Araujo Vs. Montana De La Rosa. Result: Araujo def. La Rosa via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Featherweight Fight: Brian Kelleher Vs. Ray Rodriguez. Result: Kelleher def. Rodriguez via. submission (Guillotine Choke)-Round 1 (0:39)
- Middleweight Fight: Andre Muniz Vs. Bartosz Fabinski. Result: Muniz def. Fabinski via submission (Armbar)-Round 1 (2:42)
- Welterweight Fight: Michael Pereira Vs. Zelim Imadaev. Result: Pereira def. Imadaev via submission (Rear Naked Choke)-Round 3 (4:39)
- Light-Heavyweight Fight (Co-main): Ovince Saint Preux Vs. Alonzo Menifield. Result: Saint Preux def. Menifield via KO-Round 2 (4:07)
- Heavyweight Fight (Main Event): Alistair Overeem Vs. Augusto Sakai. Result: Overeem def. Sakai via TKO-Round 5 (0:26)
UFC Vegas 9: Summary
A night which was influenced by Covid-19, can be defined as the most complete Fight Night event of the recent past. The event though only showcased 7 fights, yet there were Submission finishes, wins by unanimous decision, and also exhibited a nasty Knock out.
While every match brought something unique, it was the Welterweight Fight: Michael Pereira Vs. Zelim Imadaev, that had a major build up and in the end Pereira took revenge over Imadaev in a convincing way. The headliner of the fight saw a wonderful comeback by the demolition man, who struggled to get hold of Augusto Sakai initially, but managed to neutralize him in the end.
The fight night was the first of the September month, and started the weekly action with a bang.
- Fastest Submission in UFC History: Brian Kelleher Registered 4th Fastest Submission against Ray Rodriguez at UFC Vegas 9