Lewis Hamilton is going for his 5th World Title at the United States Grand Prix, one that will put him ahead of Sebastian Vettel, who currently has 4 world titles to his name.
Hamilton currently has a 67 point lead over Sebastian Vettel and could clinch the title if he he satisfies the following criteria.
1) If Hamilton finishes 1st and Vettel finishes 3rd or lower
2) If Hamilton finishes 2nd and Vettel finishes 5th or lower
3) If Hamilton finishes 3rd and Vettel finishes 7th or lower
4) If Hamilton finishes 4th and Vettel finishes 8th or lower
5) If Hamilton finishes 5th and Vettel finishes 9th or lower
6) If Hamilton finishes 6th and Vettel 10th or lower
Hamilton is already in the US, ahead of the grand prix and made an appearance on Good Morning America today, talking to Michael Strahan about his pre race rituals and about the 1800 people that help him and Valtteri Bottas get all the accolades on the race track.
Strahan asked Hamilton if as a racer he had a set routine before races, to which Hamilton replied with a negative, saying there was no set pattern to how he prepared.
The Brit stressed on the fact that a lot of research went into the different ways to tackle the track, and that has been part of his preparation all through his career.
He then cheekily said that having been doing this since he was 8, he had a fair idea of what to do on the track.
Hamilton also spoke about music has been part of his routine, something that keeps him focussed before a race.
He doesn’t quite have one specific genre that he prefers and says that he listens to all kinds of music.
Check out the interview:
— Good Morning America (@GMA) October 16, 2018