WWE Draft 2020 Live Updates: Friday night Smack Down kicks off the WWE Draft 2020. Find out which WWE superstar got picked by Raw and by Smack Down.
It’s that time in the WWE again, when WWE universe will witness a possible change in their favourite wrestler’s brand outfit. Over the years this segment has brought out an immense reaction from the thousands in attendance and from the millions watching at home. So, whether it is Finn Balor getting picked by Raw in 2016, or Roman Reigns heading to Smack Down in 2019, WWE knows what’s best for business. Therefore more such shocking switches can be expected in WWE Draft 2020.
— WWE (@WWE) October 10, 2020
WWE Draft 2020: Rules
Draft 2020 is a two-night process, and over 60 superstars will be marked with a blue or a red color. The rules are defined, and here’s what the promotion came with with:
- Due to the length of each show, for every two picks SmackDown gets, Raw receives three (as SmackDown is two hours and Raw is three).
- Tag teams and stables will count as one pick unless FOX or USA, in conjunction with WWE, wants to specifically pick one wrestler from the group.
- Any undrafted wrestlers will immediately be declared free agents and are able to sign with the brand of their choosing.
WWE Draft 2020- Results
- WWE Champion Drew McIntyre- Raw (No Change)
- Universal Champion Roman Reigns- Smack Down (No Change)
- Raw Women’s Champion Asuka- Raw (No Change)
- Seth Rollins- Smack Down (Change)
- Hurt Business (Montel Vontavious Porter (MVP), Bobby Lashley, Shelton Benjamin, and Cedric Alexander)- Raw (No Change)
- AJ Styles- Raw (Brand Switch)
- Sasha Banks- Smack Down (No Change)
- Naomi- Raw (Brand Switch)
- Bianca Belair- Smack Down (Brand Switch)
- WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions (Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler)- Raw (Brand Switch)
- Ricochet- Raw (No Change)
- Jey Usso- Smack Down (No Change)
- Mandy Rose- Raw (No Change)
- Dominik and Rey Mysterio- Smack Down (Brand Switch)
- The Miz and John Morrison- Raw (Brand Switch)
- Smack Down Tag Team Champions (Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods)- Raw (Brand Switch)
- Big E- Smack Down (No Change)
- Dana Brooks- Raw (No Change)
- Otis- Smack Down (No Change)
- Angel Garza- Raw (No Change)
WWE 2020 Draft: Day 1 Summary
On Day 1, most of the superstars did not see the brand switch, and will continue to perform in their respective existing brand. While, the headline drafts are Seth Rollins (Smack Down) and AJ Styles (Raw), but the show witnessed an unprecedented split between the New Day, as Big E remains the only member of the faction to get picked by the blue brand.
With Angel Garza’s draft result, the Day-1 of the WWE 2020 Draft concluded. Now all eyes on Monday Night Raw, as remaining superstars will find out their destination on the next week’s Raw taping.
Click Here For More WWE News