Daniel Bryan Injury Update: Backstage reports suggest the extent of Former WWE Champion’s Injury | WWE Rumors
Daniel Bryan Injury Update: Backstage reports suggest the extent of Former WWE Champion’s Injury. More details surface after Sunday’s Wrestling Observer Radio.
Daniel Bryan was last seen on the Grandest stage of all, Wrestlemania. He defended his WWE Championship against Kofi Kingston. The Planet’s champion lost his title to Kofi and has not been seen on WWE TV ever since.
Daniel Bryan suffered an injury during his match with Kofi and was subsequently pulled out of all shows and events. WWE also did not reveal what the injury was. They simply wrote ‘Unlisted’ in the internal injury report instead. This left many fans worried that the superstar had suffered a career ending injury.
However, the fans breathed a sigh of relief when Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter Radio reported earlier in the week that Daniel Bryan had been cleared to wrestle. He also revealed what the original plans for him were.
Daniel Bryan was medically cleared this week, per the Observer. Fantastic news
— Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful.com (@SeanRossSapp) May 2, 2019
Bryan was originally scheduled to face Kofi at Money in the Bank. Interestingly, according to Meltzer, if Bryan was cleared a week earlier then Kevin Owens would not have turned. If Bryan returns, it will be interesting to see what WWE does with him. Maybe a triple threat at MITB?
Also read: What Vince McMahon is doing wrong amidst AEW threats.
On Sunday’s Wrestling Observer Radio, Meltzer said that he was not able to confirm what Daniel Bryan’s injury was but all signs point to a concussion. He also added that, that was the word going around backstage.
According to Meltzer, WWE lists their injuries as unlisted when their superstars suffer concussions. He added that they did the same with Sasha Banks and Alexa Bliss on separate occasions in the past.
If this is true then WWE’s caginess is understandable considering Bryan’s history of concussions. However it seems that all is well with him and we may even see him return this week.
About the author
-
Archie Blade •
Identity of NXT Halloween Havoc’s masked person revealed
-
Yasser Ayaz •
Drew McIntyre Update: Have the WWE and the Scottish Warrior Parted Ways with Each Other?
-
Archie Blade •
“He’s not a main-eventer”: Vince McMahon told Jake Roberts that Stone Cold would not make it in WWE
-
Rishabh Singh •
“Vince gives him sh*t, like, ‘What are you doing out there? – WWE legend fleshes out why Vince McMahon was mad at the Undertaker after a match on SmackDown in 2002
-
Archie Blade •
WWE Star Paige hints at Wrestler’s Union on Twitter
-
Archie Blade •
“It was a really cool kind of a three-way invention” – Who came up with the idea of the Money in the Bank ladder match?
