“Seriously not cool!” – Williams F1 FW43B augmented reality launch hacked; George Russell vents out
“Seriously not cool!” – Williams F1 FW43B’s augmented reality launch on the app was hacked prior to it, making George Russell furious.
In a not-so-nice turn of events, the much-anticipated augmented reality launch of the FW43B was hacked prior to it. Williams F1 confirmed that the ‘Williams Racing AR Launch 2021’ app has been pulled down from the Apple App Store and Android Google Play store.
It has still not been found out which individual or body of persons is behind this idiocy. The launch was scheduled for 2 PM British Standard Time. The British team has decided to share images of the striking FW43B instead.
“We don’t forget our history, our heritage, but we are moving on to a bright future.” pic.twitter.com/3rzXdLiSir
— Williams Racing (@WilliamsRacing) March 5, 2021
Alongside that, the team has also released the statement confirming the hack. They have also apologized for something beyond their control, unlike their recent performance on the race track.
“Williams Racing planned to reveal its 2021 challenger, the FW43B, via an augmented reality app later today,” said the team in a statement. “However, sadly, because the app was hacked prior to launch, this will no longer be possible.
“We were very much looking forward to sharing this experience with our fans, particularly during this difficult time when being able to bring in-person experiences directly to our fans is sadly not possible. We can only apologize that this has not been possible.”
George Russell was clearly furious with the incident, calling it a massive shame. Russell would be looking to continue the great work done with the Williams F1 team this season, and power the FW43B to the points tally.
“I’ve seen the app and it was going to be an awesome experience for you guy. Whoever did this, seriously not cool.”
About the author
-
Veerendra Vikram Singh •
“Lewis Said No”: Bernie Collins in Awe of Hamilton for Overruling Mercedes Strategists to Win British GP
-
Utkarsh Bhatla •
Esteban Ocon learns his fate for 2019 season
-
Samriddhi Jaiswal •
Ferrari’s Last World Champion Kimi Raikkonen Ignored in 125-Year-Long Legacy Montage Featuring Remarkable Achievements
-
Tanish Chachra •
“The downforce level is lower than last year”– Yuki Tsunoda have high hopes with new AlphaTauri car after first impression
-
Tanish Chachra •
“There’s still some old scar”– Former Red Bull driver thinks Lewis Hamilton & Max Verstappen should take an year off to heal the wounds of rivalry
-
Tanish Chachra •
While Raising Funds for Charles Leclerc 12 Years Ago, Nicolas Todt Never Thought Ferrari Star Would Ever Fight for Championship
