RCB and RR meet in the 49th match of the IPL 2019 as the two teams fight it out while there’s still hope for a fourth place. We take a look at their Head to Head records.
Royal Challengers Bangalore faced a massive setback yesterday after a series of wins reignited hopes for a playoff spot in the IPL 2019.
Virat Kohli’s side faced a crushing defeat to the high-flying Delhi Capitals at Ferozeshah Kotla. Their hopes to qualify for the playoffs entirely depend on the other teams dropping points.
The same goes for Rajasthan Royals, who made a steady comeback against Sunrisers Hyderabad on Saturday. Steve Smith’s side registered a 7-wicket victory as they cruised to a 161-run target, but their fight is far from over.
One loss will end RCB’s hopes for a top-4, and while the chances to qualify would still be difficult for Rajasthan Royals, we can expect a high-intensity game as the two bottom-placed sides brace themselves for a season-end showdown.
RCB vs RR Head to Head records:
Royal Challengers Bangalore defeated the likes of KKR, CSK and KXIP before suffering a defeat to Delhi yesterday. Virat Kohli and AB de Villiers continue to be their best performers in the batting lineup, while Parthiv Patel has been key to providing quick starts.
The arrival of Dale Steyn was a much-needed infusion of quality in the RCB’s bowling lineup. However, RCB’s luck continued to betray them as the South African pace spearhead, who came in as a replacement for an injured Nathan Coulter-Nile, faced a season-ending injury himself before the game against Delhi.
Rajasthan Royals, meanwhile, have been better since the change in captaincy. Royals are on a two-match winning streak and would aim to knock RCB out of the playoffs race as they meet Virat Kohli’s side at Bengaluru.
RR vs RCB Head-to-Head Record
- Total number of matches played: 20
- Matches won by Royal Challengers Bangalore: 8
- Matches won by Rajasthan Royals: 10
- No result/Abandoned: 2
- Matches played in Chinnaswamy Stadium (RCB): 8 (RCB wins – 4, RR wins – 2, NR – 2)
- Matches played in Sawai Mansingh Stadium (RR): 7 (RR wins – 4, RCB wins – 3)
- RR average score against RCB: 141
- RCB average score against RR: 145
- Most runs for Rajasthan Royals: Ajinkya Rahane (347)
- Most runs for Royal Challengers Bangalore: AB De Villers (407)
- Most wickets for Rajasthan Royals: Shreyas Gopal (9)
- Most wickets for Royal Challengers Bangalore: Yuzvendra Chahal (10)
How Twitter reacted..
Best. Fans. In. The. World. 👏
— Rajasthan Royals (@rajasthanroyals) April 29, 2019
— Royal Challengers (@RCBTweets) April 29, 2019
Onto the last two home matches this season at Namma Chinnaswamy!
As Cap’n Kohli said, let’s look at having some fun and giving it all we’ve got.
We’ve played our best whilst we were having fun and that’s something we should keep constant! #playBold
— Royal Challengers (@RCBTweets) April 28, 2019