Rio Olympics 2016: Daily Schedule of Events in IST (10/08/2016)
Following is the Rio Olympics 2016: Daily Schedule of Events in IST on 10th August
Time, Event, Indian Participants
5:00 PM, Shooting (Men) 50m Air Pistol Qualification, Jitu Rai and Prakash Nanjappa
5:56 PM, Archery (Women) individual, Bombayla Devi
6:30 PM, Weight lifting (Men) 77kg, Satish Sivalingam
7:05 PM, Judo (Men) 90 Kg Round of 32, Avtaar Singh
7:30 PM, Field Hockey (Women), Indian Women’s team
7:40 PM, Rowing Men’s Singles Sculls C/D Semifinal, Dattu Bhokanal
1:27 AM (11th August), Archery (Women) individual, Deepika Kumari
2:45 AM (11th August), Light welter (Men) 64 Kg Round of 32, Manoj Kumar
Television/ Streaming Information: All matches will be telecasted on the Star Sports network and hotstar.com. All India-centric matches will also be shown on DD National.
World Events to watch:
00:30 AM (11th August): Men’s gymnastics all-around final: Kohei Uchimura is a six-time Olympic medalist, winning two golds and four silvers, a 19-time World medalist and is considered by many to be the greatest gymnast of all time.
- India meets Australia in Women’s Hockey tomorrow and the Australians are favourites to win the tie
- Dattu Bhokanal will compete in the Men’s Singles Sculls C/D Semifinal. This is purely for ranking purpose as he got eliminated from the medal race already.
- Satish Sivalingam’s career best of 339 Kgs might not give him any medal going by last few Olympics’ standards.
- Avtaar Singh’s qualification to Rio 2016 came as a surprise and any medal expectation is too farfetched.
- Manoj Kumar is a veteran of boxing and has won against top boxers on several occasions. He is one of the brightest prospects for a medal contention.
Share this article