SCO vs STA Dream11 Prediction: Perth Scorchers vs Melbourne Stars – 15 January 2020 (Perth)
Perth Scorchers will take on Melbourne Stars in the 38th Match of BBL 09 which will be played at Perth Stadium in Perth. Both Melbourne and Perth have been in very good form right now and we can expect this to be a mouth-watering game. Stars are currently at the top of the table whereas Perth are at 3rd position.
Pitch Report – Perth Stadium’s pitch has produced some very good high-scoring encounters. The pitch is brilliant to bat on and there is an even bounce on the surface. We can expect a run-fest here considering the form of both team’s batsmen.
Match Details :
Time:- 3.40 PM, Live on Sony Six/HD
Probable XI for both sides:-
Perth Scorchers – Liam Livingstone, Josh Inglis, Sam Whiteman, Mitchell Marsh, Cameron Bancroft, Tim David, Cameron Green, Chris Jordan, Jhye Richardson, Joel Paris, Fawad Ahmed.
Melbourne Stars – Marcus Stoinis, Hilton Cartwirght, Ben Dunk, Nick Larkin, Glenn Maxwell, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Clint Hinchcliffe, Daniel Worall, Haris Rauf, Sandeep Lamichhane.
Top 4 Batting order for both teams:-
Perth Scorchers:- Liam Livingstone, Josh Inglis, Sam Whiteman, and Mitchell Marsh.
Melbourne Stars:- Marcus Stoinis, Hilton Cartwright, Ben Dunk, and Glenn Maxwell.
Clean Hitters in the Squad:-
Perth Scorchers:- Liam Livingstone, Mitchell Marsh and Ashton Turner.
Melbourne Stars:- Marcus Stoinis and Glenn Maxwell.
Death Bowling Specialists (Tends to get more wickets):-
Perth Scorchers:- Chris Jordan and Matt Kelly
Melbourne Stars:- Haris Rauf
SCO vs STA Dream11 Wicket-Keepers
Josh Inglis (Price 8.5) was in sublime touch in the last game and the track of Perth suits him. Moreover, there is no competition for him in Wicket-Keeping category.
SCO vs STA Dream11 Batsmen
- Liam Livingstone (Price 9.5):- Liam has been the second-best batsmen for Perth till now. He has played many cameos and would like to play a big knock on this brilliant batting track of Perth.
- Hilton Cartwright (Price 8):- Hilton is now playing as opener for Stars. He is a very solid technical player and can be a very good asset to the squad. He proved his mettle in the last game.
- Ben Dunk (Price 8.5) – Dunk will play at top of the order for Stars in absence of Maddinson and Handscomb. If he can replicate his MSL form, it will be great.
[Cameron Bancroft is an exceptional player but nowadays he is batting at number 5 where he is not getting many deliveries to face so, it won’t be a good choice to include him]
SCO vs STA Dream11 All-Rounders
Mitchell Marsh (Price 10.5) has been the best batsman for Perth and is plating brilliant innings match after match. He is also chipping in with some overs too and is currently the 2nd highest run-scorer of the league.
Marcus Stoinis (Price 11) and Glenn Maxwell (Price 10.5) have to be in the squad. Stoinis is the highest run-scorer of this season and has played phenomenal innings in the last game whereas Maxi is the 4th highest run-scorer of the season and also has 4 wickets to his name.
SCO vs STA Dream11 Bowlers
- Haris Rauf (Price 9):- Rauf has been on fire this season and is the best bowler for Stars despite playing lesser games. He is a gun death bowler too.
- Clint Hinchcliffe (Price 8):- Clint bowled a brilliant spell in the last game. The boundaries are big in the Perth stadium and Clint can take advantage of it.
- Jhye Richardson (Price 8.5):- Richardson has been a constant wicket-taker in powerplays and is the best bowler of Perth Scorchers with 13 wickets to his name.
- Joel Paris (Price 8):- At the price of 8, left-arm bowler Joel Paris can be a good option to complete the squad. Although, he is not in very good form, a left-arm seamer is always a good option.
[The all-rounders are very expensive in this match so there is a little bit of cost-cutting in the bowling line-up and best bowlers are picked in the budget available]
SportsRush Featured Dream XI Team for the Game
Marcus Stoinis © – Stoinis has been the highest run-score of BBL by some distance. The track of Perth will be suited for his style of batting.
Mitchell Marsh (VC) – Marsh is the 2nd highest run-scorer of the league and he also chips in with some overs so will be a handy pick.
Dream 11 Disclaimer
All our selections are based on in-depth and astute analysis of the players partaking in the match, pitch report and a perusal of other reasoning. Please incorporate a slew of factors while crafting your own side with this article serving as a guide to the match and players.