Sammy Guevara apologises for rape comment, Sasha Banks responds
Sammy Guevara apologises for rape comment, Sasha Banks responds. The AEW star has been suspended by the promotion for his actions back in 2016.
AEW have announced that they have suspended Sammy Guevara for his disturbing comments about WWE’s Sasha Banks back in 2016. Guevara appeared on The Whole F’N Show’s January 25, 2016 edition of their RAW’s 4th Hour podcast.
Also read: Finn Balor’s dad beats COVID-19, sends message to Brock Lesnar
In an audio clip that has resurfaced and since gone viral, Guevara can be heard saying that he wanted to rape Sasha Banks.
“Bro, Sasha Banks… oh my God. When I was at the WWE the other week I wanted to just go f–king rape that woman,” Guevara had said.
Re-uploading this so as not to give the guy that focused on his fucking tryout instead of the fact that Sammy Guevara says he wanted to r*pe Sasha Banks any fucking clout or credit when he stayed quiet on this for 4 and a half years.
This is fucking disgusting. pic.twitter.com/dbG7QWErXB— Bubba (@dubyacbub) June 22, 2020
The AEW have since confirmed that they have suspended Guevara and will be required to undergo sensitivity training.
AEW statement on Sammy Guevara pic.twitter.com/11yL2QytF7
— All Elite Wrestling (@AEWrestling) June 22, 2020
Sammy Guevara apologises for rape comment, Sasha Banks responds
The 26-year old has since taken to twitter to apologize both to Sasha Banks and the general public.
“I’ve made stupid, inappropriate and extremely offensive comments in my past. In my idiotic mind, I thought I was being funny in using words and terms that represent nothing but horror and pain. I am truly sorry for my hurtful words and actions, and I will never forgive myself,” he wrote.
I’ve made stupid, inappropriate and extremely offensive comments in my past. In my idiotic mind, I thought I was being funny in using words and terms that represent nothing but horror and pain. I am truly sorry for my hurtful words and actions, and I will never forgive myself.
— sammy guevara (@sammyguevara) June 22, 2020
“I also want to apologize to @sashabankswwe for my unacceptable comments. She’s an amazing person who didn’t deserve to be the brunt of my offensive remarks. I spoke with her earlier & she helped me learn a gigantic lesson & I thank her for that. Once again, I’m sincerely sorry.”
I also want to apologize to @sashabankswwe for my unacceptable comments. She’s an amazing person who didn’t deserve to be the brunt of my offensive remarks. I spoke with her earlier & she helped me learn a gigantic lesson & I thank her for that. Once again, I’m sincerely sorry.
— sammy guevara (@sammyguevara) June 22, 2020
Banks has since responded saying that Guevara had already apologized to her following which they had an open discussion.
— $asha Banks (@SashaBanksWWE) June 22, 2020
Click here for more WWE News
About the author
-
Ajay Morab •
“I’m not going to drop the match here” – When Bret Hart refused to lose to The Undertaker in front of Canadian Soldiers
-
Archie Blade •
Why is Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal not taking place at Wrestlemania 37?
-
Yasser Ayaz •
Stone Cold Takes On America: Here’s Everything You Need to Know about the WWE Legend’s Upcoming Show!
-
Archie Blade •
“We were going to surprise him last year” – WWE planned to give Eric Bischoff a surprise induction into the Hall of Fame last year
-
Archie Blade •
“So I missed it” – Nikki Bella reveals why she didn’t watch John Cena vs Roman Reigns at SummerSlam 2021
-
Archie Blade •
WWE Superstar Edge proves his injury is not a work with graphic pictures
