“He enjoys racing again”– Aston Martin boss claims Sebastian Vettel rediscovered love with racing after Ferrari nightmare
“He enjoys racing again”– Aston Martin boss claims Sebastian Vettel has found love with racing once again after having a dreadful time in Ferrari.
Sebastian Vettel’s last year with Ferrari was a horror for him, and his demotivation to continue racing was reflected on the track. The German was announced to part ways with Ferrari even before the start of the season placing uncertainty on his future in Formula 1.
But soon into the season, Vettel was announced to join Lawrence Stroll’s Aston Martin project, and few months into it, team principal Otmar Szafnauer claims Vettel has fallen in love with racing once again.
“Yeah, he’s more comfortable on the team. He’s more comfortable in himself. At the beginning, before Seb came here, he said, ‘Look, the reason I want to come is I want to enjoy racing again.’ That was his reason for coming,” he said to GPFans.
“If you ask him, which I often do, he’s at a point now where he enjoys racing again. He didn’t enjoy Silverstone. He was beating himself up a little bit. He said he shouldn’t have made that mistake, but it happens to the best of us.
“Anyway, he feels really, really comfortable. He’s enjoying racing again, which is good. That’s exactly what he wanted.”
The resurgence of Sebastian Vettel?
The German race driver looked at his absolute best in the Hungarian Grand Prix, where he sealed a podium after finishing a P2 but was disqualified because of a post-race rule.
Do not let Honey Ryder mechanical failure disturb you from the fact that Sebastian Vettel stood on the podium as many times as Ferrari’s “best lineup on the grid” combined this season pic.twitter.com/2qBy0V3to2
— vetfanboi #grazievale (@vettelfanboy05) August 10, 2021
But Vettel has shown some excellent moments on track this season and considering Aston Martin is an ambitious project, Vettel seems to have a key role in the project, which is probably helping him finding back his pre-2020 form.
The next races will be a crucial stage for Aston Martin’s contention in the midfield battle, where every team has massively progressed.
About the author
-
Somin Bhattacharjee •
“They don’t watch F2 or other series”: Guanyu Zhou slams fans who think he paid $48 million to get into F1
-
Somin Bhattacharjee •
“I think he should stay loyal to his team”- Former Chelsea star slams Lewis Hamilton and Serena Williams for their decision to buy the football club
-
Tanish Chachra •
“The driver who prompted the Mongolian government to request UN intervention”: British media bashes Max Verstappen for playing victim against Ted Kravitz
-
Sabyasachi Biswas •
Ferrari Insider Debunks Feud Myth Between Carlos Sainz and Charles Leclerc With Hilarious Revelation
-
Vidit Dhawan •
“You Don’t F*cking Know… Shut Up”: James Hinchcliffe Berates F1 for Stat Made to Trick Viewers
-
Tanish Chachra •
“Lewis Hamilton was quick enough for a win today”– Toto Wolff explains why $285 million man couldn’t win in Silverstone
