“I would say no”– Sebastian Vettel reveals he will not remain in F1 till 40
“I would say no”– Sebastian Vettel discards any possibility of continuing in Formula 1 till the age of 40; he talks about his rivalry with Fernando Alonso.
After Fernando Alonso’s birthday last month, Formula 1 tallied two drivers above the age of 40– Kimi Raikkonen and Alonso. The two drivers have a pretty lengthy spell in F1, which only indicates that the new age drivers have the fitness level to go beyond 40.
Sebastian Vettel, who is already a veteran of the sport, talks about his possibility of remaining till 40, and he has humbly declined the possibility. However, he didn’t reject the turn of fate in future.
Sebastian Vettel pic.twitter.com/QfERJE2Wzz
— F1 MEMES (@f1troll_) August 7, 2021
“No, I don’t think so,” Vettel told media, including RacingNews365.com, when asked if he would still be racing in Formula 1 at 40. “But, as you asked Fernando [who said he hadn’t expected being in F1 at 40], you never know, but right now I would say no.”
Vettel debuted in F1 at the age of 20, and 21 marks completion of 14 years of him in the sport, where he managed to win four world titles and amassed 53 Grand Prix wins in his career.
Enjoying the restart of competition with Fernando Alonso
With Alpine bringing back Alonso to F1 and Vettel moving from Ferrari to Aston Martin (both midtable teams), the two individuals now often clash on the grid in 2021, reminding them of the old days.
“The first race that Fernando was back this year, we had some wheel to wheel, and I was actually smiling in the cockpit because I’d been looking forward to more of it this year, and I think we had a little, I always enjoy [racing] Fernando.”
Though in the last race, Vettel was more of battling with Alonso’s teammate Ocon, but lost the battle and had to satisfy himself with a P2. However, an FIA regulation strikes Vettel into disqualification.
About the author
-
Veerendra Vikram Singh •
“It’s Never Worth It”: What a $32,500 F1 Ticket Gets You and Why It’s Overrated
-
Vidit Dhawan •
Two Years Before Dating Kelly Piquet, Max Verstappen Resorted to Bumble, Grindr & Tinder to Boost His Dating Life, but Failed
-
Tejas Venkatesh •
Aston Martin Backtracks from Previous Mercedes Engine Statement; Cites ‘Incompatibility’ for Recent Honda Union
-
Utkarsh Bhatla •
Formula 1 is going to switch to 18-inch wheels from 2021
-
Somin Bhattacharjee •
Sergio Perez and Max Verstappen Give Contrasting Answers on Peeing Inside Their F1 Cars
-
Utkarsh Bhatla •
Renault boss’s lengthy statement on Ricciardo’s engine decision
