Paul George, who has been shooting terribly in the playoffs, says he is unimpressed by the Mavericks defense and his misses are of his own making.
The 30-year-old has shot horrendously bad in the last 3 games of the playoffs. A combined 10-of-48 shooting with an average of 11.3 points per game is surely not what the Clippers front office would be expecting of him. After all, they traded their long-term future to be able to land him in a trade with Oklahoma City Thunder.
Paul George dismisses Mavericks defense, says shooting troubles are his own problem
Despite bricking shots left, right and center, Paul George hasn’t looked for excuses. He says that its a matter of feel for him not to be able to make the bad shots, since he’s getting open looks. But some people might say it’s poor sportsmanship to dismiss his opponents’ influence like that:
Paul George: “I’m getting the looks, I’m getting the shots. The floor is open, the defenders aren’t great. I’m just not finding the ball through right now.”
— Clevis Murray (@ClevisMurray) August 24, 2020
Paul George’s words have been a PR disaster for a long time now. He infamously called out teammates for giving a game-winning shot to the open CJ Miles instead of him in 2017 against the Cavs. He christened himself Playoff P ahead of the Thunder’s series with the Jazz before underwhelming.
Last year, he called Damian Lillard’s shot to send the Thunder crashing out in the first round as a ‘fluke and a bad shot’. And now this incident comes up, in which he looks once more like the insolent party. It seems that PG-13 has a lesson or two of humility still left before he learns to mail it in and give credit where it’s due.