Seth Rollins: The WWE Superstar admits that the Wild Card rule has muddled things up
Seth Rollins: The WWE Superstar admits that the Wild Card rule has muddled things up. He adds however, that the rule may be done in the coming months and fans should enjoy it while it lasts.
Post Wrestlemania, WWE saw historic ratings drop. One that led to the company slide into panic mode. They have since introduced a host of methods to combat the fall. However, none has been more controversial than the Wild Card rule.
When originally introduced, the rule allowed for three superstars to move freely within both brands every week. This was obviously done to ensure that their top stars would feature on both shows every week. That number was raised to 4 within the same night if it’s introduction.
The WWE however, broke its own wrestler limit week after week and now fans have stopped counting. Kevin Owens had previously spoken about the rule. He criticised it for being loosely defined and loosely enforced. Now another superstar has opened up on his reproval of the rule.
In a recent interview with Newsweek, Former Universal Champion Seth Rollins denunciated the rule, claiming that it took away the uniqueness of the brand when you see the same stars on both shows citing New Day’s example.
He said:
The Wild Card really muddled things up, to be honest with you. Now you’re seeing those guys every single week. It used to feel special when I see the New Day but now, they’re eating pancakes backstage every chance they get on Monday and I’m not a fan of that. But no, it’s great that there’s so much talent across both brands. I think once you see the move to Fox it’s really going to tighten down; as far as best Wild Card options and stuff like. It’s really cool to see things come together now and get these cool match ups you might not get in October or November.
When asked why he hadn’t showed up on SmackDown, Rollins explained that there was a lot of talent hoping to get TV time on the Blue Brand and he didn’t want to take it away from them.
RAW is my gig, man. SmackDown is fine, they have two hours. There are people on that show that need TV time. They have so many guys backstage that are starving to get the opportunity right now or they’re just sliding in on backstage vignettes or what have you. I’m not going to go over on their and take over segments every single week. They don’t need it they have a wealth of talent over there. Besides, I don’t want to deal with Shane McMahon more than I have to.
Click here for more WWE news
About the author
-
Archie Blade •
Seth Rollins and Becky Lynch go public with their relationship.
-
Archie Blade •
“Sasha Banks and I have unfinished business” – Trish Stratus opens up on a possible WWE return
-
Yasser Ayaz •
WrestleMania 39 Spoilers: Potential Winner of Seth Rollins Versus Logan Paul Match Revealed
-
Rishabh Singh •
Former WWE Superstar Says The Miz Deserved to Be Kicked Out of the Locker Room by Chris Benoit
-
Archie Blade •
“Just give me one shot, if I suck, you’ll never give me the microphone again”- Dwayne Johnson recalls the moment that led to the birth of The Rock
-
Archie Blade •
“I’m not good with going back to the way it was before” – Big E does not want to share the same fate as Kofi Kingston
