SIX vs THU Dream XI Prediction: Sydney Sixers vs Sydney Thunders Best Dream 11 team for Big Bash League 2019/20
Sydney Thunder will take on Sydney Sixers in the 42nd Match of BBL 09 which will be played at Sydney Showground Stadium in Sydney. This Sydney derby is very significant in the current BBL scenario. Sixers are obviously playing better but Thunder would also like to bounce back after their last loss against bottom-placed Renegades. However, there is a rain threat in this game.
Pitch Report –
This pitch is not very ideal for batting. There is a variable bounce on the pitch and it stays on the slower side too sometimes. Batsmen have to play sensible shots on this track.
Match Details :
Time:- 1.40 PM, Live on Sony Six/HD
Probable XI for both sides:-
Sydney Thunder – Usman Khawaja, Alex Hales, Callum Ferguson, Alex Ross, Jay Lenton, Daniel Sams, Chris Morris, Arjun Nair, Gurinder Sandhu, Brendan Doggett, Liam Bowe.
Sydney Sixers – Josh Phillipe, Daniel Hughes, James Vince, Moises Henriques, Jordan Silk, Justin Avendano, Tom Curran, Ben Dwarshius, Jackson Bird, Steve o Keefe, Nathan Lyon.
Top 4 Batting order for both teams:-
Sydney Thunder:- Usman Khawaja, Alex Hales, Callum Ferguson, and Alex Ross.
Sydney Sixers:- Josh Phillipe, Daniel Hughes, James Vince, and Moises Henriques.
Clean Hitters in the Squad:-
Sydney Thunder:- Usman Khawaja and Alex Hales.
Sydney Sixers:- Josh Phillipe and Daniel Hughes.
Death Bowling Specialists (Tends to get more wickets):-
Sydney Thunder:- Chris Morris and Daniel Sams
Sydney Sixers:- Tom Curran and Ben Dwarshius
Dream XI Wicket-Keepers
Josh Phillipe (8.5) would be in our team as he is the best batsman of Sixers with an average of 38.5 and he is a run-away match-winner. There is no competition for him in this category.
Dream XI Batsmen
- Usman Khawaja (Price 10) – Usman Khawaja hasn’t been in the best of forms but slowly he would like to get into his groove. He is the third-highest scorer for Thunder and would like to play a stable knock on their home ground.
- Alex Hales (Price 9.5):- Alex Hales shown in the last game that, when he is in flow, he is one of the best T20 batsmen out there. Thunder will expect him to continue his form.
- Callum Ferguson (Price 10):- Captain Callum has been the most consistent player for Thunder and is their highest scorer. He is currently the 9th highest run-scorer of the league.
- Daniel Hughes (Price 9) – Daniel Hughes is back at the position where he plays the best i.e. opening the innings. He has been the best batsmen for Sydney after Phillipe.
[James Vince and Usman Khwaja both are out of touch in the tournament but the stats of Usman are little bit better, that’s why he is in the team]
Dream XI All-Rounders
Daniel Sams (Price 9.5) is the highest wicket-taker of this season so, he is the clear choice in the team.
Tom Curran (Price 10) has been in terrific form this season. He has already taken 14 wickets which makes him 4th highest wicket-taker of the tournament and he is also an asset with the bat.
[It was very difficult to omit Chris Morris from the squad but Morris has not been in very good form lately whereas Moises is not bowling this year]
Dream XI Bowlers
- Liam Bowe (Price 8):- Bowe has been magnificent in the last couple of games. He is a very intelligent T20 bowler and can be a big asset.
- Arjun Nair (Price 8):- Nair has been the third-best wicket-taker for Thunder after Sams and Morris. He is a very underrated spinner and is a very good wicket-taker.
- Ben Dwarshius (Price 8.5):- Ben has been a regular wicket-taker in middle-overs and at death too. In the against Stars, he even played a brilliant cameo with the bat.
- Nathan Lyon (Price 8.5):- The GOAT Nathan Lyon will play his first game of this season and player of Lyon’s calibre just can’t be dropped.
- Match Prediction: – The result of this match is under dark clouds as the predicted weather is not ideal but Thunder may stun Sixers in this encounter.
SportsRush Featured Dream XI Team for the Game
Alex Hales © – Alex Hales is in very good form and should be utilised in here.
Daniel Hughes (VC) – Daniel Hughes is in decent form too and if rain interferes than an opener will always be an huge plus.
Dream 11 Disclaimer
All our selections are based on in-depth and astute analysis of the players partaking in the match and a perusal of other reasoning. Please incorporate a slew of factors while crafting your own side with this article serving as a guide to the match and players.