Two Fighters, Danny Roberts and the first UFC fighter from Kazakhstan Shavkat Rakhmonov are taken out from the Fight Island event of July 25.
Danny Roberts and Shavkat Rakhmonov were all set to fight Nicolas Dalby and Ramazan Emeev on the night. However, they have now been dropped off from the eventaccording to MMA Junkie. The reason behind the fighters’ withdrawal remain undisclosed. And till now no replacements have been found for Dalby and Emeev.
Danny Roberts’ forced withdrawal has further pushed back his face-off with Nicolas Dalby. The two were first pitted to face each other back in March, but the situation back then did not allowed the event to go through. Which then shifted the attention to the Fight Island event at Abu Dhabi, where they were re-booked, but again the fight stands cancelled. Shavkat Rakhmonov on the other hand, is also going through a scenario. He was supposed to fight against Bartosz Fabinski on March 21 in London, which of course got wiped because of the Covid-19 pandemic. And now with this recent scrap, Shavkat Rakhmonov’s debut at the UFC is further prolonged. The Kazak signed the agreement back in July 2019.
How The Fight Island Card Looks Now
After the take-down of the two fighters, the rest of the card does not feature any change. Here is full list of all the fights that will take place on July 25:
- Darren Till vs. Robert Whittaker
- Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Mauricio Rua
- Alex Oliviera vs. Peter Sobotta
- Alexander Gustafsson vs. Fabricio Werdum
- Nicholas Dalby vs. opponent TBA
- Tom Aspinall vs. Jake Collier
- Raphael Pessoa vs. Justin Tafa
- Movsar Evloev vs. Mike Grundy
- Bethe Correia vs. Pannie Kianzad
- Umar Nurmagomedov vs. Nathaniel Wood
- Ramazan Emeev vs. opponent TBA
- Jai Herbert vs. Francisco Trinaldo