Asus and Nvidia have teamed up to make the world’s first-ever 360 Hz refresh rate monitor. The low latency paired with the high refresh rate might just be what you need to get to the next level.
Its called the ASUS ROG Swift. It comes with many nifty features that Nvidia has bestowed upon it.
What’s so special about the new Monitor?
- The ASUS ROG Swift is a 24.5-inch FHD(1920 x 1080) monitor with IPS to reduce the strain on your eyes.
- It has the world’s highest refresh rate of 360 Hz along with an amazingly short response time of 1 millisecond.
- It has Nvidia G-SYNC which allows the monitor to regulate the information it’s getting so that it can achieve stable frame rates.
- The monitor comes fitted with an intelligent cooling system featuring a custom heat sink. This will allow it to ensure sufficient cooling during marathon gaming sessions.
- It is HDR10 compatible for color brightness that exceeds that of an ordinary monitor.
Why should you buy a high refresh rate monitor?
Well, for starters, it’s been seen that having a higher refresh rate or a more responsive screen makes people better at games. Some other reasons may be that the gaming title may not be that demanding for your GPU. But, because the screen is maxed out at a lower refresh rate, it isn’t actually able to provide high frames. This is known as bottlenecking the GPU. To avoid bottlenecking, a higher refresh rate is always recommended.
Higher refresh rate monitors also have upgrades such as anti-ghosting technology as well as a low tendency of tearing up frames. This makes them overall a better instrument for gaming then their low refresh rate cousins.
For more information, check out the Asus website.