Following is the Rio Olympics 2016: Daily Schedule of Events in IST on 12th August 2016.
Time, Event, Indian Participants
4:00 PM, Golf Men’s individual Round 2, Anirbban Lahiri and Shiv Chawrasia
5:30 PM, Shooting Men’s 50m rifle prone Qualification, Gagan Narang and Chain Singh
5:30 PM, Badminton Women’s doubles, J. Gutta and A. Ponnappa
5:43 PM, Archery Men’s individual Round of 16, Atanu Das
6:00 PM, Athletics Men’s discus throw Qualifications, Vikas Gowda
6:00 PM, Men’s skeet Shooting, Mairaj Ahmed Khan and Gurpreet Singh
6:35 PM, Athletics Women’s shot put Qualifications, Manpreet Kaur
6:40 PM, Athletics Men’s 800m heats, Jinson Johnson
7:50 PM, Badminton Men’s doubles, B.S Reddy and M Attri
8:25 PM, Athletics Women’s 100m Round 1, Dutee Chand
9:00 PM, Field hockey Men’s tournament, Indian Men team
9:20 PM, Rowing Men’s single sculls Semifinals · Semifinal C/D 2, Dattu Bhokanal
11:00 PM, Athletics Men’s 20km walk Final, Gurmeet Singh and Manish Singh
11:30 PM, Tennis Mixed Doubles Quarters, Sania Mirza and Rohan Bopanna
3:30 AM (13th August), Boxing Men’s middle 75 kg Round of 16, Vikas Krishnan Yadav
5:35 AM (13th August), Athletics Men’s 400m Round 1, Muhammed Anas Yahiya
5:50 AM (13th August), Athletics Men’s long jump Qualifications, Ankit Sharma
Television/ Streaming Information: All matches will be telecasted on the Star Sports network and hotstar.com. All India-centric matches will also be shown on DD National.
World Events to watch:
8:25 PM: Athletics Women’s 100m: Rated as one of the top most athletes in the world currently, Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce will look to get her 3rd Olympic gold in 100 meters dash. She was the flag bearer of Jamaica in this Rio Olympics 2016 and will be eager to get a hat trick of Olympic gold.
2:30 AM (13th August): Men’s Field Hockey: Belgium vs New Zealand. Belgians will top Group B if they can manage a win against the Kiwis in the final group game. The fate of both New Zealand and Great Britain hangs on this result and all their eyes will be on this game.
- Indian Men’s Hockey team plays against Canada tomorrow. This game is a dead rubber as India has already qualified for the quarters.
- Vikas Krishnan found this rhythm early in this Rio Olympics 2016. Hopefully he should continue it to get a victory in the round of 16 tomorrow
- Gagan Narang, one of India’s brightest prospects for a podium finish will once again try his hands tomorrow
- Atanu Das looked impressive in his previous rounds and should hopefully cross the pre-quarters barrier, the barrier at which the women archers failed
- Indian Mixed doubles team has a difficult fixture in quarters as they are paired against Murray’s team
Lots of Indians will be on action tomorrow and the day appears to be promising. This is one of the better days to look forward for an Indian fan.