Conor McGregor, who announced his retirement in June, may not come back this year. UFC has no scheduled plans for him in 2020, and Dana White has guaranteed that Conor McGregor will not fight again this year.
Conor McGregor, who last entered the Octagon in January, 2020, and emerged victorious against Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone there, made claims at the start of the year that this is going to be his year, and he will be ready to fight again in February or in March, now may not step again in the ring for the remaining of the year as well.
The president of UFC Dana White in a podcast has addressed the questions related to Conor Mcgregor, and blatantly announced that Conor McGregor will not fight again this year.
Here’s What Dana White Precisely Said
In an interview with Barstool Sports, on Monday, Dana White on Conor McGregor said, “This year, he is retired. He doesn’t have a fight this year, and he won’t have a fight this year. Conor McGregor will not fight in 2020. I guarantee he will not fight in 2020”
Earlier, Daniel Cormier and Ariel Helwani also discussed the situation, and they were of a view that UFC has lost a lot of opportunities with Conor McGregor.
View this post on Instagram
While, it is almost certain that Conor McGregor will not fight again this year. But speculations of his come back will never cease. The Notorious one has a habit of making the headlines, and just last week he made a cryptic tweet that said “I Accept” and later made the same tweet in Filipino language, which even brought Manny Pacquiao in the picture, and further, presumptions of him entering the Boxing Ring came up. So, with Conor McGregor no final declaration is ever final.