UFC 252 Results: UFC 252 culminated successfully, and ultimately proved to be a remarkable event that was expected from the outset.
UFC 252 was a marquee event, that took place at the APEX Center, Las Vegas. The fight card carried a total of 11 fights (2 in Early Prelims, 4 in Prelims, and 5 in Main Card), with the Heavyweight Title bout between Stipe Miocic (Champion) and Daniel Cormier being the event headliner. The co-main event was a Bantamweight fight between the 25-year-old undefeated fighter Sean O’Malley (12-0), and the lethal Latino Marlon Vera.
Much like any other Pay-per-view event the stakes were at a limit, as the event not only rendered a spectacle for the culmination of one of the greatest rivalries of all time, but also may very well was the bearer of Daniel Cormier’s last professional fight of his legendary career.
UFC 252 Fight Card
- Heavyweight Fight: Chris Daukaus Vs. Parker Porter
- Featherweight Fight: Kai Kamaka Vs. Tony Kelly
- Lightweight Fight: Jim Miller Vs. Vinc Pichel
- Women Strawweight Fight: Felice Herrig Vs. Virna Jandiroba
- Featherweight Fight: TJ Brown Vs. Danny Chavez
- Women Strawweight Fight: Ashley Yoder Vs. Livia Renata Souza
- UFC Heavyweight Championship Fight (Main Event): Stipe Miocic Vs. Daniel Cormier
- Bantamweight Fight (Co-main event): Sean O’Malley Vs. Marlon Vera
- Heavyweight Fight: Junior Dos Santos Vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik
- Featherweight Fight: Herbert Burns Vs. Daniel Pineda
- Bantamweight Fight: John Dodson Vs. Merab Dvalishvili
UFC 252: Streaming Details
- US: Simulcast on ESPN, ESPN Deportes and ESPN+, and can be streamed on ESPN+
- UK: BT Sport 1, and can be streamed on the website of BT Sport 1.
- India: SONY TEN 2/TEN2 HD, and can be streamed on SONY LIV app/website.
The event can be universally streamed through UFC Fight Pass.
UFC 252 Results
Early Prelims Results
- Heavyweight Fight: Chris Daukaus Vs. Parker Porter- Result: Daukaus def. Porter via TKO (Round 1, 4:28)
- Featherweight Fight: Kai Kamaka Vs. Tony Kelly- Result: Kamaka def. Kelly via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
Preliminary Card Results
- Women Strawweight Fight: Ashley Yoder Vs. Livia Renata Souza- Result: Souza def. Yoder via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Featherweight Fight: TJ Brown Vs. Danny Chavez- Result: Chavez def. Brown via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Women Strawweight Fight: Felice Herrig Vs. Virna Jandiroba- Result: Jandiroba def. Herrig via submission (Armbar, round 1, 1:44)
- Lightweight Fight: Jim Miller Vs. Vinc Pichel- Result: Pichel def. Miller via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-27)
Main Card Results
- Bantamweight Fight: John Dodson Vs. Merab Dvalishvili- Result: Dvalishvili def. Dodson via unanimous decision (30-27, 30,27, 30, 27)
Round 1: Both the fighters started in a cautious way, maintained distance, and did not come in the proximity of each other’s punches. After 2:13, Merab grappled Dodson and dragged him down. Dodson did a good job in defending. However, from there almost the entire round Merab maintained pressure, and finished on a high.
Round 2: Merab continued from where he left off, and after 1:44 lifted Dodson up high for the ultimate drop. Merab was the aggressor for the majority, and Dodson looked for the perfect counter. Towards the end, a flurry of punches were thrown by Dodson, and Merab defended it. Merab might be 2 up at the end of the round.
Round 3: In this round again Dvalishvili was on the offensive mode, and Dodson was cautious throughout. At 2:26 Dodson connected a big left, but could not shake the fighter from Georgia. Merab showed better striking ability, better grappling skills, and won the round again. In the process furthered his current win streak to 5-0.
- Featherweight Fight: Herbert Burns Vs. Daniel Pineda- Result: Pineda def. Burns via TKO (Round 2, 4:37)
Round 1: From the outset Daniel Pineda tried to dominate, and just after 13 seconds landed a huge right, followed by a clean elbow strike. Burns was shaken by those shots. Further, Pineda took down Burns and stood on top of him, in the process threw many punches. Burns at two occasions tried to look for an opening to imply triangle choke. However, Pineda proved to be too strong a force in the round.
Round 2: Herbert Burns showed a comeback intent early on, but soon after that Pineda with his quick movements gained momentum and locked Burns in a very difficult position, and began to land clear punches, and elbows after that and held his grip. As a result, after 4:37 referee Mark Smith stopped the fight. Daniel Pineda is 7-0 up now, and still has 100% finishing record (18 submission, and 9 TKO/KO) to his name.
- Heavyweight Fight: Junior Dos Santos Vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik- Result: Rozenstrik def. Dos Santos via TKO (Round 2, 3:47)
Round 1: It is a heavyweight fight, both at the start were seeking a perfect opportunity to hit. Dos Santos resorted to low kicks, whereas Jairzinho was looking for opening to land a heavy.Both maintained distance till the end of 4, and at the end of it Jairzinho caught Dos Santos in a bad position, but Dos Santos was quick to get away and create distance. Nothing separates the two at the end of round 1.
Round 2: The round saw both the fighters even each other out at first, until in the fourth minute when Rozenstrik clipped Dos Santos with a jab, and heavy punches afterwards made the referee stop the fight at 3:37.
- Bantamweight Fight (Co-main event): Sean O’Malley Vs. Marlon Vera- Result: Vera def. O’Malley via TKO (Round 1, 4:40)
Round 1: After a spree of kicks from both ends, it was Marlon Vera who threw the first punch of the match at the end of the minute mark. Vera was up for the challenge and shocked O’Malley with a huge blow. Vera followed up with more punches, which made referee Herb Dean to stop the match at 4:40.
- UFC Heavyweight Championship Fight (Main Event): Stipe Miocic Vs. Daniel Cormier- Result: Miocic def. Cormier via unanimous decision (49-46, 49-46, 48-47)
Round 1: After a cautious start, the action began with some kicks initially from both ends. DC looked for a head lock early on, but the champ endured and handled it well. After 3:26 referee Goddard stopped the fight following an inadvertent eye poke by Cormier. At 4.22 Dc landed two heavy blows, and he finished the round with another big right.
Round 2: Cormier started strongly and landed some heavy blows again, ultil in the final minute when Miocic connected with a right heavy jab and dropped Cormier with the follow-up punches. However, DC survives as the bell came to his aid at the right time.
Round 3: The momentum shifted in Stipe’s favor in this round, as Daniel Cormier was in the defensive stance and Miocic made the most of it. Stipe Miocic won the round in the most one-sided way.
Round 4: Both the fighters locked horns in this round, with Miocic landing more clear punches. However, it was the closest round till now. Both the fighters were gasping in the end. It is going to the Decider round now.
Round 5: Another close round, and both the fighters indulged in the back-and-forth-duels. In the end Miocic was successful in evading the heavy shots from DC, and landed some of his own in the process.
UFC Main Card Summary
- Bantamweight Fight: Merab Dvalishvili def. John Dodson via unanimous decision (30-27, 30,27, 30, 27)
- Featherweight Fight: Daniel Pineda def. Herbert Burns via TKO (Round 2, 4:37)
- Heavyweight Fight: Jairzinho Rozenstrik def. Junior Dos Santos via TKO (Round 2, 3:47)
- Bantamweight Fight (Co-main event): Marlon Vera def. Sean O’Malley via TKO (Round 1, 4:40)
- UFC Heavyweight Championship Fight (Main Event): Stipe Miocic def. Daniel Cormier via unanimous decision (49-46, 49-46, 48-47)
With this UFC 252 is successfully registered in the books, and will be remembered as the night where the odds did not mattered, and the fighter who picked his spots and inflicted most damage, ultimately prevailed.