Alpine Hand 21YO Jack Doohan the Opportunity of a Lifetime And F1 World Rejoices
Speculation around the second Alpine seat had been ongoing for several months. However, the Enstone-based team has finally confirmed Esteban Ocon’s replacement — Jack Doohan. The Alpine reserve driver will be joining Pierre Gasly as his teammate for the 2025 season.
Doohan was one of the many drivers who were reported as possible candidates for Alpine. After Carlos Sainz rejected the Alpine offer and signed with Williams, Mick Schumacher was linked to the seat. Regardless, the team chose Doohan, making him the first Alpine junior to be promoted to a full-time seat at Enstone.
Hear from the man himself, @jackdoohan33 on his graduation to F1 pic.twitter.com/KInnNBXhdJ
— BWT Alpine F1 Team (@AlpineF1Team) August 23, 2024
According to Formula1.com, Doohan said, “I am so happy to secure promotion into a full-time race seat in 2025 with BWT Alpine F1 Team. I am very grateful for the trust and belief by the team’s senior management.”
He added, “It’s exceptionally satisfying to be the first graduate of the Alpine Academy to be in a race seat with the team and I’m extremely thankful to those who supported me along the way to make this a reality.”
Alpine teased Doohan’s announcement an hour before making it official. Multiple tweets were made hinting at the signing. One such tweet had Gasly asking Alexa who his future teammate would be and cut the scene exactly when the Amazon device would answer.
F1 community delighted about Doohan signing with Alpine
For the first time in F1, the grid remained the same for the 2024 season. Many talented young rivers like Felipe Drugovich, Liam Lawson, and Doohan waited on the sidelines. Alpine’s decision to promote young talent for the next season rejoiced the fans. They’ve now come out to celebrate the signing.
Amazing, congratulations Jack
— WTF1 (@wtf1official) August 23, 2024
Three Australians on the grid a record
— MY MOM SAID I’M COOL (@M_I_K_E_68) August 23, 2024
Omggggg I’m so happy for Jack We have the best teammates
— ¹ ⁰ (@_elodye) August 23, 2024
While some celebrated the teammates and another Australian joining the grid, a few reminded Alpine of the Oscar Piastri saga.
did this one actually sign the contract?
— StaticMMIV (@StaticMMIV) August 23, 2024
I understand that, without my agreement, Alpine F1 have put out a press release late this afternoon that I am driving for them next year. This is wrong and I have not signed a contract with Alpine for 2025. I will not be driving for Alpine next year
— Phil Martin (@sportsthematter) August 23, 2024
However, this was just some light banter from the fans. Alpine themselves posted the start of the Piastri statement as a hint earlier today.
About the author
-
Anirban Aly Mandal •
Fans Left in Distraught as Logan Sargeant Has Decided to Withdraw From Le Mans
-
Anirban Aly Mandal •
“Don’t Forget to Vote”: Lando Norris’ Ex GF Makes Special Appeal After ‘Dancing With the Stars’ Appearance
-
Tanish Chachra •
“It pushed him to work even more”– Former Ferrari driver thinks Carlos Sainz playing crucial role in Charles Leclerc’s growth
-
Tanish Chachra •
“I’m happy to be able to count on both of them finally”- Mattia Binotto’s sly dig on Sebastian Vettel
-
Janmeyjay Shukla •
“Zelenskyy used to be a comedian and it seems that he wants to continue that profession” – Bernie Ecclestone accuses Ukrainian President of not speaking to Putin in order to save his country
-
Sabyasachi Biswas •
Lando Norris Declares Oscar Piastri’s Crucial Role in Making Him Win Races in the Following Years of His Career
