In a bid to make a further surge in 2021, Joaquin Buckley is set to face Alessio Di Chirico at the premiere event of the year.
One of the breakout stars of 2020, Joaquin Buckley is set for an early January return. According to sources, the New Mensa is booked to face Alessio Di Chirico on January 16.
View this post on Instagram
The 26-year-old debuted in UFC in 2020 itself, and while his first showing in the Octagon did not go well as he met the other breakout performer of the year Kevin Holland but, later with two consecutive KO victories he showcased what he is capable of.
His improvised finish against Impa Kasanganay is perhaps the undisputed knockout of the year.
The Middleweight will now look to carry forward this momentum to 2021. He will be up-against a relatively much more experienced fighter Alessia Di Chirico at UFC Fight Island 8.
Chirico is going through a tough phase in his career. The 31-year-old is 2-3 (Win-Loss) in his last 5 fights and has lost all three of his previous bouts. So, on January 16 at Fight Island, it would be all or nothing for Alessia Di Chirico.
UFC Fight Island 8: Fight Card (Subject To Change)
- Max Holloway vs. Calvin Kattar
- Sara McMann vs. Julianna Pena
- Mike Grundy vs. Nik Lentz
- Brian Kelleher vs. Ricky Simon
- Jacob Kilburn vs. Austin Lingo
- Carlos Felipe vs. Justin Tafa
- Punahele Soriano vs. Dusko Todorovic
- Anthony Hernandez vs. Rodolfo Vieira
- Bethe Correia vs. Wu Yanan
- Christian Aguilera vs. Warlley Alves
- Omari Akhmedov vs. Tom Breese
- Ramazan Emeev vs. David Zawada
- Phil Hawes vs. Nassourdine Imavov
- Joaquin Buckley vs. Alessio Di Chirico
Click Here For More UFC News