UFC Vegas 6 Results: UFC Vegas 6 was the second Fight Night event of August. And it turned out to be yet another night where elite action was displayed up front.
A total of 12 fights were scheduled on the night, where the main card consisted of 5 fights, and preliminary of 7. No championship bout was set up for this event. The headliner was the heavyweight encounter between Derrick Lewis and Aleksei Oleinik, and the co-main event was Omari Akhmedov Vs. Chris Weidman (Middleweight).
The event took place at the APEX Center, Las Vegas, United States.
UFC Vegas 6: Full Fight Card
- Heavyweight Fight (Main Event): Derrick Lewis Vs. Aleksei Oleinik
- Middleweight Fight (Co-main event): Omari Akhmedov Vs. Chris Weidman
- Middleweight Fight: Maki Pitolo Vs. Darren Stewert
- Women Bantamweight Fight: Yana Kunitskaya Vs. Julija Stoliarenko
- Lightweight Fight: Beneil Dariush Vs. Scott Holtzman
- Welterweight Fight: Tim Means Vs. Laureano Staropoli
- Middleweight Fight: Kevin Holland Vs. Joaquin Buckley
- Lightweight Fight: Nasrat Haqparast Vs. Alex Munoz
- Middleweight Fight: Andrew Sanchez Vs. Wellington Turman
- Featherweight Fight: Gavin Tucker Vs. Justin Jayn
- Featherweight Fight: Youssef Zalal Vs. Peter Barrett
- Bantamweight Fight: Irwin Rivera Vs. Ali Qaisi
UFC Vegas 6 Results
- Bantamweight Fight: Irwin Rivera Vs. Ali Qaisi. Result: Irwin Rivera def. Ali Alqaisi via split decision (29-28 x 2, 28-29)
- Featherweight Fight: Youssef Zalal Vs. Peter Barrett. Result: Youssef Zalal def. Peter Barrett via unanimous decision (30-26 x 2, 30-27)
- Featherweight Fight: Gavin Tucker Vs. Justin Jayn. Result: Gavin Tucker def. Justin Jaynes via submission (rear naked choke) at 1:43 of R3
- Middleweight Fight: Andrew Sanchez Vs. Wellington Turman. Result: Andrew Sanchez def. Wellington Turman via KO (punches) at 4:14 of R1
- Lightweight Fight: Nasrat Haqparast Vs. Alex Munoz. Winner: Nasrat Haqparast def. Alexander Munoz via unanimous decision (30-27 x 3)
- Middleweight Fight: Kevin Holland Vs. Joaquin Buckley. Winner: Kevin Holland def. Joaquin Buckley via TKO (punch) at 0:32 of R3
- Welterweight Fight: Tim Means Vs. Laureano Staropoli. Winner: Tim Means def. Laureano Staropoli via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28 x 2)
Main Card Results With Match Summary
Lightweight Fight: Beneil Dariush Vs. Scott Holtzman
Summary: The match had some initial stoppages by referee Herb Dean, following a couple of inadvertent eye pokes by Scott Holtzman. After that, Beneil Dariush started to get hold over Holtzman, in the process Dariush landed some heavy punches, but Holtzman showed perseverance and took the beating. However, at 4:38 of round 1, Beneil Dariush used an unusual weapon from his arsenal, in the form of spinning elbow strike and dropped Scott Holtzman on the floor.
Result: Beneil Dariush def. Scott Holtzman via TKO (s) at 4:38 of R1
Women Bantamweight Fight: Yana Kunitskaya Vs. Julija Stoliarenko
Summary: Throughout the match, Yana Kunitskaya was all over Julija Stoliarenko. Kunitskaya gave no opening to Stoliarenko, and prevailed in the most one-sided fashion.
Result: Yana Kunitskaya def. Julija Stoliarenko via unanimous decision (30-27 x 2, 30-26)
Middleweight Fight: Maki Pitolo Vs. Darren Stewert
Summary: This on papers looked like an even affair. But, Darren Stewert took down Maki Pitolo early, and enhanced his grip, leaving no option for Pitolo but to tap-out. Stewert paid tribute to his late friend Jahreau Shepherd.
Result: Darren Stewart def. Maki Pitolo via submission (guillotine Choke) at 3:41 of R1
Middleweight Fight (Co-main event): Omari Akhmedov Vs. Chris Weidman
Summary: Omari Akhmedov with his current 6-0 winning streak and with odds in his favor, was the red hot favorite to win the match. However, Chris Weidman came with a fool proof plan, and attacked the Russian’s led in all the three rounds. Weidman contained Akhmedov from making any big movements. Barring the second round, Akhmedov struggled to get a grip on Weidman in the entire match.
Result: Chris Weidman def. Omari Akhmedov via unanimous decision (29-27 x 2, 29-28)
Heavyweight Fight (Main Event): Derrick Lewis Vs. Aleksei Oleinik.
Summary: Derrick Lewis in the very first move of the match landed a vicious kick on Oleinik, and tried to dominate from the outset. However, Aleksei Oleinik came back into the match and made several attempts to lock Derrick Lewis in the Ezekiel choke. For more than a minute Aleksei was on the top of Lewis, and had a firm grip on him. Yet, The Black Beast survived and stayed in the match. In the second round, Lewis as he promised before the match surprised everyone, as just after 21 seconds he,with a devastating knee and a heavy right strike Knocked out Aleksei Oleinik.
Result: Derrick Lewis def. Aleksei Oleinik via. KO at 4:40 R1
Derrick Lewis with 11 finishes, thereby became the heavyweight with the most Knockout victories.
UFC Vegas 6 Results:Performance of the Night Bonuses
The following fighters got the performance of the night bonuses:
- Gavin Tucker
- Andrew Sanchez
- Kevin Holland
- Darren Stewert
— UFC (@ufc) August 9, 2020
For More UFC News Click Here